Jan 16, 2012

Portraiture.

This week's new "Sophie" hair by Truth (1 of my all-time faves btw; so in luhs with the "twist" of hair above the tiny color-change bobbypin), together with some recent inspiration by my uber-talented buddies on Flickr, inspired me to play with some portraiture today.
Gavin also signed up to be my guinea pig, hehe. (This was more to test out my cheap-ass tablet, which I finally attempted to do after watching the ridic crazy talented Trace here).
There are many more peeps much more adept at photo work than I (this is self-evident, if you just prowl around on Flickr); but for whatever reason, I sometimes get asked about taking on photo work, although I never seem to have the time for it. That being said, this portraiture thing has really sparked my interest, so I've decided to explore taking on a few clients. Rates are negotiable, depending on what you want done; if you're interested, please contact me inworld (via both a NC and IM please) and we'll have a li'l chat to see if it's something that makes sense for both of us.

In other news, I hope everyone can take at least a few minutes today to honor 1 of our country's truly great visionaries for establishing what we today take for granted as institutional racial equality (+ a certain irrefutable dignity owed to all human beings), but also for that most radical concept: challenging status quo. -- Can you believe there was a time when inter-racial marriage + other "fraternizing" was actually illegal here? You can't? Exactly.

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day love + fashionista kisses to all!

xoxo
Teshan2222 Wycliffe
http://slexyfashionista.blogspot.com/

STYLING CREDITS

Hair: Truth - Sophie w/Roots - espresso (new!) *mwuahs Truth Hawks*
Socks: *BOOM* - Ice Cream Tank (neapolitan) *mwuahs Aranel Ah*
Skin: Illusory - [Ill] Illusory Skin - Paige_Milk - Vintage Doll (Cleavage)
Pose: Everglow *mwuahs Fanny Willis*