Jun 18, 2011

Hair, De-Lushous Hair!

This year's upcoming Hair Fair 2011 benefits Wigs for Kids, and there's a Flickr contest happening before the fair kicks off (you still have time to enter!) I was motivated by the particularly rich theme this year ("Seasons"); this first shot was my image for "Winter," inspired by an image on cop show of a girl who was lying horizontally on the floor in a glassy-eyed state (actually in a drug overdose). -- I eventually ended up shooting this sideways to get my avi's hair to "fall" in this direction; an crystallized icy texture led me to "embed" this beautiful hair into a frozen lake.
I noticed many people chose Spring, and flowers are always a huge temptation to use ('specially for this girlie girl); still, I wanted to see if I could come up with a slightly different take than the usual body adornment. -- I also noticed that the rules said it was okay to feature multiple avis, which I thought was a really cool idea, but didn't see anyone else doing. This is what sprung to mind; click the image for the story I whipped up to explain the mouse (a last-minute unexpected addition, lol).
The leaves + stems here are far from perfect, but something I wanted to try after chatting with mah girl Anya Ohmai recently about learning Adobe Illustrator (she suggested that I become familiar with the dreaded pen tool in Photoshop first). -- Drawing these leaves + stems was actually my first use of the tool, but hey, a girl's gotta start somewhere. Heh.
This last image was the result of playing around with my new wave brushes. -- Oh and my longtime fantasy of striking up permanent residence on a clear blue beach like this. Ahhh.

All of the hair used for these images is by Truth; click the pics for deets.

Enter the contest + show off your hairs! Hairy love + fashionista kisses to all!

xoxo
Teshan2222 Wycliffe
http://slexyfashionista.blogspot.com/